Friday, December 28, 2007

Welcome!

This is what happens when I get bored on a cold winter night.

After looking at many great railfan photography sites by guys like Ryan Parent, Tom Nanos, Paul Birkholz and Blair Kooistra, I finally decided to get off my butt and do the same. So here it is. While I'm no computer wizard (heck I still shoot Kodachrome 64 as my main film) I think I should be able to figure this out and post the occasional photo or story.

Anyway, here's a quick bit about me: I'm from central Maine and have been doing rail photography since I was a kid, thanks to the help of my father, Tim Franz. I'm currently a student at the University of Montana at Missoula studying journalism. Course that means I spend time in both Montana and New England, which from a railfan point of view is hard to beat. Besides studying (ha!) and doing photography I also work on the occasional article, some of which can be seen in the pages of Railroad Explorer Magazine, and edit the Montana Rail Link News Column for Railroads Illustrated Magazine.

-Justin

No comments: